Malashenko Tatjana Andreevna, Student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Komarova Ekaterina Valentinovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Stojko Tamara Grigorievna, Candidate of biological sciences, professor, sub-department of zoology and ecology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Studies of the variability of shells in micro gradient parameters of the environment in the rugged ravines area can explain appearance of the morphological changes and evolutionary developments.
Materials and methods. The authors studied the conhiological parameters in local scale (the bottom of the ravine, the slope, the placer) in Ukhtinka, and species composition and spatial structure of the community of terrestrial mollusks in three closely spaced, but different habitat of steppe.
Results. The authors determined a species composition of the terrestrial mollusks in steppe biocoenosis and indicators of the shell species Ch. tridens in local scale (the bottom of the ravine, the slope, the placer).
Conclusions. Xerophilious species Ch. tridens is one of the dominates in the community of the terrestrial mollusks. In the ravines, where humification is higher due to high humidity and development of meadow vegetation, Ch. tridens are larger with a more open mouth and reduction of the most variable teeth. The article discusses the possible causes of variability of Ch. tridens in the north-west of Penza region.
terrestrial mollusks, Chondrula tridens, variability, conchological signs, topography.
1. Shikov E. V. Novye dannye po sistematike i ekologii mollyuskov. Trudy Zoologicheskogo instituta AN SSSR [New data on taxonomy and ecology of mollusks. Proceedings of zoological institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences]. Leningrad, 1985, vol. 135, pp. 67–75.
2. Balashev I. A. Ekologo-funktsional'ni ta faunistichni aspekty doslidzhennya molyuskiv, ikh rol' u bioindikatsii stanu navkolishn'ogo seredovishcha [Ecological-functional and faunistic aspects of research of mollusks, their role in bioindication of environment condition]. Zhitomir: Vid-vo ZhDU im. I. Franka, 2006, iss. 2, pp. 19–22.
3. Stojko T. G., Komarova E. V. Izvestiya PGPU im. V. G. Belinskogo [Proceedings of PSPU named after V. G. Belinsky]. 2011, no. 25, part 2, pp. 441–444.
4. Sprygin I. I. Trudy po izucheniyu zapovednikov. Otdel okhrany prirody Glavnauki NKP [Nature reserves research proceedings. Environmental protection department of the Chief directorate of science under the People’s Commissariat of Education].Moscow:Tipografiya«Krasnoy gazety»imeni Volodarskogo,1925, iss.4,242p.
5. Komarova E. V., Stojko T. G. Izvestiya PGPU im. V. G. Belinskogo [Proceedings of PSPU named after V. G. Belinsky]. 2012, no. 29, pp. 222–226.
6. Matekin P. V. Zool. zhurn. [Zoological journal]. 1950, vol. 29, iss. 3, pp. 193–205.
7. Shileyko A. A. Fauna SSSR. Mollyuski [Fauna of USSR. Mollusks]. Leningrad: Nauka, 1984, vol. 3, iss. 3, no. 130, 399 p.